SoapUI is a free and open source cross-platform Functional Testing solution. With an easy-to-use graphical interface, and enterprise-class features,
SoapUI allows you to easily and rapidly create and execute automated functional, regression, compliance, and load tests.
Download SoapUI From http://sourceforge.net/projects/soapui/files/latest/download
Install this by double clicking on the downloaded file and simply following the steps. Now Open SoapUI.
My First Project in SoapUI:
Today We are going to create first project in SoapUI by sending simple HTTP Requests and verifying the Response.
1. After Opening SoapUI, Goto File and Click “New Rest Project”
2. Enter the URL for the endpoint/Service that you are going to test and Click Ok. I have entered “http://linkeshkannavelu.com”
3. This will create the “Rest Project 1” with the resource http://linkeshkannavelu.com
Right Click and delete all the Child Resources under http://linkeshkannavelu.com
4. Right Click the “Rest Project 1” and Select “New TestSuite”. Enter the name for the Test Suite as “MyTestSuite”
5. Right Click on the “MyTestSuite” and Select “New TestCase”. Enter the name for the Test Case as “TestCase1”
6. Under TestCase1, right click on “Test Steps(0)” and Select “Add Step” and Select “HTTP Test Request”.
7. Enter the Test Step Name and End Point and Give OK.
8. Look at the following figure. The Method is “GET” and requested URL is http://linkeshkannavelu.com
9. Now we are going to hit the Request and Verify the expected result with the actual.
To do this. we are going to insert “Assertions” here.
10. At the bottom of the Test Request screen, Click on the “Assertions” and Click on the + SYmbol to add an assertion for this test request.
11. Select the type of assertion as “Property Content” in the LHS and Click “Xpath Match”.
12. Now we are going to Verify the title of the http response. Title of my site should be “Keep Software Testing Weird”
13. Hit the Submit Request button at the top of the Test Request screen and see the response in response window.
As the Xpath matches with the actual response, My Test Step should Go Green and the Xpath Match Assertion should also Go Green.
It means, the Expected Result “Keep Software Testing Weird” matched with the actuals.
Thats it. We Sent a request to a end point and got the required response and verified that.